Thursday, June 21, 2007

Take Defense

So, tonight (after I took my midterm & was in need of blowing off some steam), I had the opportunity to attend a self-defense class. I hadn't done anything like this since Jewell days, when my sorority (DZ) offered one. However, I had a chance to go tonight with one of my classmates (Cathleen) to Shawnee Mission East High School. It was being put on in Kelsey Smith's honor by Ali Kemp's father & the Take Defense foundation. In light of the recent happenings, I was looking forward to refreshing my knowledge. What I didn't bargain for was the amount of strength and empowerment I felt when I left the class. For all you ladies out there, make the time to attend one of these classes if you have not already done so. It provided great info & techniques plus a good little workout. I have attached the link to get more info: http://takedefense.org/

1 comment:

Andrew Allen said...

Cool stuff! I highly recommend these types of classes. I personally took Tae Kwon Do for awhile and agree that it definitely provides more confidence. Keeeayah!