Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life Lessons

I realize that it has been almost 2 weeks since I have posted anything. I do apologize, but to my defense I have had some unexpected occurrences (thus the reason for the blog title). Some of you may already know what has been going on, so just bear with me while I briefly summarize. On June 9th, I learned that I was a victim of identity theft. BOO! (as Ashley A. would say) I lost everything (and then some). BUT, by the grace of God, my funds have been returned. Anyway here's what I have learned:

1. No matter how careful you THINK you are being, anything is possible.
2. Thank God for online banking (otherwise who knows when I would have realized what was going on)!
3. Money can be frustrating, but it certainly makes the world go 'round (or so it seems). Just my luck, every bill seemed to be due when there was no money to be had.
4. Life is ALL GOOD as long as you have a great family & friends. Love you Mom & Dad--you saved my rear:) And thanks Andrew for the quarters!
5. Don't let anything (or anyone) cause you to live in fear.
6. Patience truly is a virtue, a mighty difficult virtue to demonstrate at times!
7. There is always purpose & lessons to be learned...if nothing else, I have been reminded to be thankful for what I have (for there are many others in our great nation & world who have far less) & NOT take any of my pennies for granted!

I appreciate your many thoughts & prayers throughout this worrisome time. Hopefully, someone can figure out who did this (although they don't sound too hopeful). Anwho, thanks again & talk at ya soon:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo!is right. I'm so sorry this happened Sue Ellen! Glad to hear that you were taken care of so well! :)

Ashley A.

Anonymous said...

You showed a great deal of grace through all this, Swell! I know it was a frustrating time...I'm glad it's all taken care of! Love you!

Lori! said...

WOW, that is horrible to hear! I'm sorry it happened to you

Anonymous said...

The same weekend your ordeal happened, someone charged $949.99 to our credit card; we hadn't lost our cards. When we called the ref. number, the voice said, "this is not a working number". The card co. said the charge was for "advertising". We have filled out the paperwork to get the charge removed. I am certainly frustrated (and angry)! L. Holmes