Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

I saw my first ladybug today...it stayed put on my windshield for about a minute before deciding to fly away. I can't help but think of 2 things when I see a ladybug...first, my friend Hannah comes to mind since she's a lover of ladybugs (or ladybird beetles as they are known in Europe) & second, that spring is here. The time for birth, growth, green, & sunshine are here! I was reading a bit about ladybugs...not only are they pretty but they're quite useful in nature. Did you know that the Mall of America releases thousands of ladybugs each spring as a way to keep their indoor gardens beautiful & free from pests? Yeah, neither did I! It leaves to think how cool God our Creator is...He's creative in His design of the little ladies, He's thorough in His work of perfecting every spot, He's smart when it comes to the ladybug's usefulness in society, & if He cares so deeply about the design of a ladybug...then how much more lovely are we in His eyes. We are His craftmanship & workmanship, formed in the image of Himself. Let me never forget that!

So on this Earth Day, take a moment to stop, enjoy the nature around you, give thanks to God for the beauty around you, and maybe even gaze at a ladybug!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crap